Troika Backend Developer
Troika IO is looking to hire a talented Backend Developer to help launch Troika Media Group (NASDAQ:TRKA) into the Metaverse.
We are looking for an analytical, results-driven back-end PHP developer who will work with management and Developer leads to troubleshoot and improve current back-end applications and processes. The ideal candidate has a strong background in PHP projects and can leverage their understanding of multiple programming languages and tools to analyze current code against industry developments and formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, and create a more seamless user experience. They should be knowledgeable, collaborative, and motivated to build better, more efficient programs in web2 and web3.
- Work closely with management, Head of Product, and developers.
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Recording data and reporting to proper parties such as leadership.
- Participate in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
- Taking lead on projects as needed.
- Ability to rapidly mock up proposed user experiences and interactions
- Exposure working with camera or sensor data (e.g. from motion, touch, light, or proximity sensors)
- Ability to quickly learn new development environments and APIs
- Comfortable with rapid context switching among several projects
- Strong C and object-oriented programming skills
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must be self directed, analytical, and work well in a team environment
BS/MS in CS/CE (or equivalent)
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience
- Excellent computer and project management skills
- Familiarity with OOP design principles
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Superior analytical skills with a good problem solving attitude
- Ability to work and collaborate with a team of developers
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret and follow technical plans
- You must have a good understanding of English (spoken and written)
Experience designing and creating APIs is a plus Experience working with poorly documented, or undocumented, APIs is a plus Experience with basic networking APIs is a plus Experience collaborating with QA teams Experience with simple database technologies (e.g. Laravel).
Troika is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Troika is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
- $80-110k salary range
- Backend Developer, Troika IO
- Full-Time (40 hours)
- Healthcare coverage
- Equity package